Here I go again adding one more roasted vegetable to my list of recipes, but it is honestly the most comforting thing to eat in the winter — plus… it’s a healthier starch… right?
These little round chips will cook faster than chunks of sweet potato and are able to achieve a crispy exterior with a quick broil at the end. Perfect for eating as a side dish or using the leftovers in a buddha bowl!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 coins
- 1 tbsp of paprika and garlic powder.
- Vegetable oil, salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 °F.
2. Lay out the cut sweet potato rounds onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack. Remove from oven afterwards to flip the rounds over with a spatula before setting the temperature to 375 °F and baking for another 25 minutes. Check to see that the potatoes are cooked through by piercing with a fork.
4. If you’d like the potato rounds to have a slightly crispier texture, set oven to broil-mode and broil for less than 5 minutes, checking every minute or so until desired colour on surface. Serve while hot!